Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Right side of the wrong bed...


I began to wake up slowly, head pounding and slightly spinning… All of a sudden my stomach tightened the way it does when you think you’re about to throw up…I was still drunk and if I had any doubts, my breath confirmed it! I leaned over to get out of bed and banged my head against the wall… I collapsed back into bed, hand on my head trying to magically heal my now ever more present headache when I realised that there is no wall by my bed… My bed is in the middle of my room so how did the wall get there?! I slowly turn over and see a white wall which now has a small brown stain from where the leftover make up on my forehead has now smudged on to. Riiight… this was not my room or my bed I was in the wrong bed! How very curious this all was…

Thankfully, I’m more or less fully clothed, I turn to my left and see the back of someone… he looked familiar, even from behind. The way his hair curled at the top of his neck, I spent hours playing with those curls, I adored those curls…. OR it was someone with very similar curly hair! I sit up and scan the room; yup it’s his room all right. He starts to stir slightly and I freeze, I mean literally freeze and hold my breath like that’s going to help. He shifts but doesn’t wake, not yet anyway. I couldn’t have him see me like this! I didn’t even know what my face looked like! Clearly I still had makeup on even though half of it was still on the not so white anymore wall! For some reason I tried to remove the evidence and in doing so spread my make up further around… great! I hate White walls! No doubt my mascara and eye liner had escaped from their original position and made their way towards my cheeks. I dreaded to think what the pillow even looked like. I lifted my head slightly and yup… there is was… my second face all over his pillow. I told him that his white pillow cases wouldn’t last long with me around! I had no sympathy; I really didn’t as he had been warned. I can’t be trusted around such clean and white things…

I needed to get up and get to a bathroom (killer breath) or at least a mirror so when he woke up I didn’t look like the Bride of Frankenstein. But to be honest I didn’t even really know where I was nor did I have the energy, so I lay back down and fell asleep….
What must have been a few hours later, I began to wake up slowly, head now really throbbing. I leaned over to get out of bed and banged my head on the wall AGAIN! Then remembered I was in the wrong bed, this was not my room. He turned over and opened his eyes before I had a chance to pretend I was asleep! I was expecting some sort of gasp or scream even but nothing, just his gorgeous smile. All he said was ‘morning beautiful’ and then lay down and pulled to lay down next to him…

I wasn’t quite sure how I ended up in this room let alone this bed but I knew for sure I was definitely in the right place…

‘I wanna be drunk when I wake up on the right side of the wrong bed…' Ed Sheeran

No comments: